Clubhouse General Manager
The Clubhouse General Manager is a working manager and is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day food & beverage service and being actively involved such aspects, including tending of bar, waiting on customers, and assisting in kitchen as needed. This individual will implement budgets; hire, train and supervise subordinates. He/she will be responsible for all food and beverage service for the entire club. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated professional with a proven and stable record of food and beverage at a reputable, private club, restaurant, or hotel.
The Clubhouse General Manager will have a proven work history that demonstrates knowledge and a steady upward career track in successful operations. He/she will be genuinely people-oriented, “visible” and readily accessible and responsive to the membership and guests. To be able to manage the staff you need to set a good example with regards to attendance, attitude, professional attire, and punctuality.
Manages and is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day food & beverage operation. Plans and implements budgets; hires, trains and supervises subordinates. Plans, assigns and directs work; appraises performance; disciplines as required; addresses complaints and helps to resolves problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Assures that effective orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are planned and implemented.
- Develops on-going professional development and training programs for food production, service, and bar production/service personnel.
- Work with other Golf Course Operations Managers to coordinate golf events and tournaments.
- Helps plan and approves external and internal marketing and sales promotion activities for the department.
- Helps plan and approve the organizational chart, staffing and scheduling procedures and job description/specifications for all department staff.
- Monitors purchasing and receiving procedures for front of the house products and supplies to ensure proper quantity, quality and price for all purchases.
- Maintains contact with members and helps to assure maximum member satisfaction.
- Oversees bar operation.
- Oversee Event Tent for Non-Golf related events such as weddings, parties etc.
- Ensures storage areas are neat and orderly.
- Maintains appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all food and beverage equipment and facilities. Initiates on-going facility inspections throughout the club to assure that cleanliness, preventative maintenance, safety and other standards are consistently attained.
- Addresses member and guest complaints/suggestions and advises the Owner’s about appropriate actions taken.
- Assists in planning and implementing procedures for special club events and banquet functions.
- Other duties as assigned and needed.
- Implements owners’ budget / assure that budget goals are attained.
- Assures that all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and consistently utilized.
- Manages physical inventory verification and provides updated information to the accounting department.
- Responsible for beverage inventory.
- Responsible to the proper accounting and reconciliation for the Point-of-Sale systems daily sales.
- Approves payroll timesheets on Mondays and submits to Accounting.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate Degree (A. A.) in either culinary or hospitality field or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience in restaurant management and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Send Resume with relevant restaurant experience to: Colleen Lundy via email email@example.com / fax 315-955-6956 / mail PO Box 927, Watertown, NY 13601